Doing The Right Thing
Delivery - We're still delivering to homes across the UK, with some items taking a little longer than usual and some items temporarily unavailable due to unprecedented demand. We're working on getting back up to speed! Our 'room of choice' deliveries have safely returned where it’s safe to do so, which means we will offer to bring large delivery items inside to any room, and we can take away packaging too.
Pausa Coffee Shops收菜电竞 - We're very happy to say that most of our Pausa Coffee Shops have now reopened, with a few changes in place to help everyone stay safe in-line with the latest Government changes:
- Track and Trace is now mandatory in our cafés
- You can fill in Track and Trace using the NHS QR code when you arrive at one of our Pausa Coffee Shop entrances. But if you don’t have the capability to do this our colleagues will fill it in for you using your details
- We are now running table service for all orders and these will be delivered to the table once you have paid for your delicious treats
Please be aware, our Pausa's opening times have also changed slightly, you can read more . Unfortunately due to local lockdown restrictions, the Bolton Pausa Coffee Shop is currently closed收菜电竞, we apologise for any inconvenience.
Local Lockdowns - Our stores remain open in areas currently under local lockdown, as in-line with Government guidelines we are classed as an essential retailer. If you have purchased an item for home delivery and your address is currently affected by local lockdown rules, if you are self-isolating, or you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, we will make a contact-free delivery to your doorstep. Read more on delivery, returns and refunds.
Changes We've Made
All of our stores have fully reopened with social distancing and safety measures in place and we now offer a range of ways to shop to suit your needs. We have looked extensively into the way we work, and reviewed our processes to make our Click & Collect service completely contact-free and safe for our colleagues and customers. Read more about in-store safe shopping here.
As part of our revised ways of working, we have introduced a number of measures which we have developed in conjunction with external consultants. We want our colleagues to feel at home while they are with us, which is why we have placed a lot of emphasis on listening to what our people want from us to feel safe and protected while they're at work:
- Self-isolation for the vulernable and single parents
- Adapted ways of working
- Supported by external consultants and Trading Standards
From Our Home To Yours
If possible, we will place your parcel in a safe place, and post a calling card through your letterbox to let you know where you'll find it. If we can't find a safe place, we'll knock on your door to make the delivery, but we won't ask for a signature. Instead, we'll just ask for your name to make sure we've got the right home. For furniture and large item deliveries, we have safely resumed room of choice delivery where it is safe to do so.
收菜电竞Since March, our amazing colleagues have given their best efforts to help those in need, from sewing donations for our brave healthcare workers to taking time to help local residents. Here's just a few of the things we've achieved together:
- £25,000 worth of fabric was donated for colleagues to turn into wash bags and headbands for their local NHS services (and they made 40,000 bags!)
- We supplied furniture to the Nightingale Hospital London
- We made 65,000 NHS scrubs in our Leicester-based Manufacturing Centre
- Completed a mini makeover on a rest room for doctors and nurses at Birmingham Hospital
- 300 sets of scrubs were donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 300 towels were donated to the nurses at Liverpool Royal Hospital
- £2000 was donated to Together For Short Lives
- £500 worth of items were donated to the NSPCC
- Gift hampers and cards delivered to the nurses at LOROS hospice
- We donated items to Women’s Aid Leicestershire to support the opening of a new refuge site
- We donated fabric for LOROS nurses' gowns
- Masks were made for children attending school during lockdown
- Provided Care Homes in the West Midlands with toiletries and gardening products
- Our Oldbury store pioneered a virtual pom pom making event in their local Wychbury Care Home
- We began 175 local Care Home partnerships across all of our store communities, by making donations first of all, and we have some wonderful plans in place to continue supporting them in the future.
We have also organised Facebook Community Groups to help us all stay connected. We want to help build a community of friendly, like-minded people who love for their homes, homewares and all things local, so our stores each have their group.
Join your local community today to start connecting our homes with yours (and your neighbours!).
We are proud to work with Macmillan Cancer Support as our charity partner, and want to raise awareness of the work they are doing in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. People living with cancer are amongst the most vulnerable in society, and with enforced shielding measures and increased pressures on the NHS, many are facing months of self-isolation, increased anxiety and changes to their treatment. Macmillan are doing all they can to keep supporting people with cancer at this difficult time by adapting and developing new support services - but they need our help. Please join us and give what you can #careiscrucialnow